All countries seek to reduce environmental pollution and preserve the environment in various possible ways, green logistics have emerged, which aims to reduce and reduce the environmental impact of logistics activities, and this includes all activities of forward and reverse flows of digital products, as well as information and services between the point of origin and the point of consumption, while trying to create sustainable values For different organizations or companies, using a balance of economic and environmental efficiency, and in this article we will talk about everything you need to know about green logistics and how to become environmentally friendly in your logistics.
What is the meaning of Green Logistics?
Green logistics means all sustainable measures and policies through which the environmental impact of various logistics activities can be reduced.
The concept of green logistics will in turn affect all configurations and operations of fast logistics services. As well as the nature and form of tools and equipment used in the distribution, transportation, and storage of the goods themselves.
And this includes all the activities of the forward and reverse flows of products and services between the point of origin and the point of consumption.
In fact, green logistics can be traced back to the mid-1980s. At the time, it was understandable to characterize logistics systems and approaches that use advanced technology and equipment to minimize environmental damage during logistics operations.
The objectives of green logistics
As for the objectives of green logistics services, they are in fact aimed at trying to find a balance between the environment and the economy, through many methods and tools.
The following are the most important objectives of green logistics services:
- Measure the carbon footprints of logistics and its operations, in order to establish a point of consideration for sustainability measures as well as manage their outcomes.
- Reduce soil, water and air pollution.
- Reducing noise and hustle, by analyzing the impact of logistical areas, specifically those related to transport operations.
- Guidance in the use of supplies.
- Reuse containers as well as recycle packaging.
- Spreading sustainability in supply chains resilience, product design and packaging as well.
How to apply eco-friendly logistics approaches?
There are a number of effective strategies and ways in which you can include eco-friendly logistics approaches to your organization or company, the most important of which are:
- Base your purchasing policies on eco-friendly standards, such as product characteristics and use of eco-friendly packaging, as well as manufacturing processes that are eco-friendly.
- Improve the management of your transport fleet, by purchasing vehicles that operate in a way that preserves the environment, as well as relying on systems that help in planning delivery routes and determining the appropriate loads.
- Owning a warehouse that follows the standards of sustainable construction and management, through the use of logistic buildings whose design includes measures to protect the environment.
- Reducing the recycling of waste produced in your warehouse, by using sustainable waste management standards, such as trying to sort waste by materials to be recycled.
- Optimize reverse logistics and inventory management, and utilize quality control processes for returned products.
- Efficiently pick up your orders.
Green Logistics Strategies for Eco-Friendly Delivery
There are also a number of green logistics strategies, which are in fact environmentally friendly and related to delivery operations, and the following are the most important of those strategies:
Free delivery mode with a longer delivery period
Especially since delivery on the same day of the order is a huge waste, and a large percentage of customers prefer to wait for a longer time for delivery than to get the delivery process free of charge, and this will be more suitable for the environment and for the customer as well.
Combine orders together to reduce the number of vehicles
Reducing the number of operating vehicles means reducing the risk to the environment and pollution as well. You can collect orders in the same area and only one vehicle delivers them, this will reduce the risk to the environment as well as increase energy efficiency.
Intelligent fleet management
The use of smart fleet management, which includes some algorithms and working mechanisms through which it can prioritize sending the green request first.
Using bicycles for local delivery
One of the most environmentally friendly ways of delivering deliveries is to use bicycles to deliver orders locally, so there are no emissions of gases during the delivery process.
Applying Green Logistics to Supply Chains
Due to the great importance of green logistics, a large number of companies have started investing in green logistics and implementing it in their supply chains.
Especially since green logistics contributes significantly to reducing supply chain costs, so its introduction is in fact a win-win for both companies and the environment.
Go green in your logistics
So you also need to start introducing green logistics into your business, which will make your company or organization ready for the future in which all businesses will be sustainable.
Diggipacks services can help you transition to green logistics, as it provides many eco-friendly logistics services.
Also it designed a smart and sustainable system to deal with all the problems of customers who were suffering from poor storage and delivery with integrated solutions.